Search This Blog

Sunday 4 July 2010

Off to London

The Iraq Inquiry had been announced but soon after it was announced that it would be held behind closed doors which unleashed fresh waves of resentment reverberating through Britain. Westminster was a turbulent place to be in a sense and that where the action was beginning to erupt. Armed with my questions surrounding a public vs private inquiry I was on the first bus to London the next morning.

I had been trying to contact MPs who had both supported and fought against it , people from different parties in an attempt to be fair, I think I was even a bit gutsy to email the the secretary for the former Prime Minister Tony Blair. I had gotten an interview slot at No1 with Jo Swinson and then there was the protest outside the Westminster the next day, I had an interview with Michael Codner so I had things cut out for a few days in the capital.

No comments:

Post a Comment