Search This Blog

Thursday 8 July 2010

Iraq Inquiry MA Broadcast - Finally!

After several sleepless nights in the Information Commons at the University of Sheffield, long days glued to the screen in the corner of the newsroom with my headset, countless debates with my logic and editorial conscience and emails and discussions with my professor Mark Hanna on what was impartial and objective and what wasn't I finally had about 14 minutes of radio that I now realise answered questions that the big news media began asking when the inquiry actually took off.

The story had moved fast, so when I started off I was looking at the Public vs Private Inquiry debate but as Blunkett said the 'world had changed dramatically over these last few days' which was in reference t the the day before I arrived to the days before I left it was true . The focus of my story had changed the course of my investigation which was eventually looking for answers about what the Inquiry would really achieve, the impact it might have on British foreign, military and security policy and the effect it would have on the nation as a whole.

'What will the Iraq Inquiry achieve?' Became the focus of this story which is more than a boring piece of radio. You might wonder how this could possibly be anything but dry...I did too at one point but that's what made me inject a bit of creativity into it...

No comments:

Post a Comment