Search This Blog

Sunday 4 July 2010

Burning the midnight oil

BURNING THE MIDNIGHT OIL

Having submitted a proposal for an investigative piece of radio about the Iraq Inquiry it was time to start working on developing that story. I'd been digging around through material from news papers and archives dating back to the 90s, official government websites, anti-war websites and anywhere else a visit to would enhance my understand of this highly complex issue I was seeking to unravel. It was in this trek across the web that I stumbled upon the IraqDossier.com and came to discover the man who got the famous 'Sexed up Dossier' on Iraq to be published.

He gave me reading material that helped me get my research underway and reason to burn spend sleepless nights chugging caffeine After reading through the drafts of the dossier, reeling at some of what what was in the correspondence that went in and out of Downing Street which included emails to and from the the man pretty much responsible for the coining of the term 'Spin Doctor',Alistair Campbell himself. I was finally getting somewhere. The big fat Butler report, the Hutton report, pages of letters and appeals from the Stop War coalition website and others followed and slowly I began to draw out the blueprint of the route map.

No comments:

Post a Comment